Two men in a restaurant talking to each other.

Food Manager Certification

If you're taking the Food Protection Manager and ANAB-CFP Accredited Certification Exam for the first time or want to refresh your knowledge of food safety best practices, this is the ideal package for you.

You get access to our 8-hour training course that reviews the food safety principles you need to know to pass the exam, as well as prevent foodborne illnesses. Plus, some states require that you complete a training course in addition to the exam.
To pass the exam, you must score at least 75%. Then, you can print your official food protection manager certification. You can take the exam from home using one of our online proctors.

Two chefs are preparing food in a kitchen.

Food Handler Training

With our training course, it’s easy to earn your food handler card, meet state and employer requirements—and get to work fast.

You get an overview of food safety issues, regulations, and techniques that will ensure you know how to maintain a safe environment. The course also teaches you the proper procedures for handling food so that you can reduce the risk of foodborne illness.

Once you complete the lessons and pass the final exam with a score of at least 72%, you will earn your certificate of completion. You can use your certificate to show proof that you’ve completed a food safety training course.

A woman holding a tray with a drink on it.

Alcohol Server Training

This course teaches you everything you need to responsibly sell and serve alcohol. Additionally, you’ll learn how to protect yourself and your employer from liability.

Our off-premises alcohol seller training covers a variety of topics, including blood alcohol concentration (BAC), when to refuse service to customers, best practices for dealing with intoxicated patrons, and much more.

To pass the course, you must score at least 70% on the final exam. Once you’re finished, you can print your certificate of completion right away!

A man holding a plate with a hamburger on it.


Workforce training can be a headache for any Food and Beverage business. High turnover rates make ongoing training inevitable, and failing to stay compliant with regulations can cost your company. That’s why it's critical to have an efficient training program like ours to protect your organization from risk and liability.


Learn2Serve Food Handler Certification for all states. Buy now and save 5% today! Lowest prices guaranteed!


A food handler's certificate, also known as a food handler's card or permit, is proof that an individual has undergone and completed food handler training. This training addresses topics such as:

  • Foodborne illnesses

  • Personal hygiene

  • Temperature controls

  • Proper cleaning and sanitizing techniques

Many local health departments require that food establishments have certified food handlers on duty to ensure consumer safety and reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. The certificate typically requires attending a training course and passing an exam, and is typically valid for a set period before requiring renewal.


There are various roles and positions where a food handler’s certificate is necessary (depending on regulations). However, we will be focusing specifically on roles and positions within the food service industry. Of course, it also depends on specific jurisdictions and establishment policies.

Some of the common positions that often require this certification include:

  • Line cooks and prep cooks

  • Chefs and sous chefs

  • Dishwashers

  • Bakers and pastry chefs

  • Food runners and expediters

  • Waitstaff and servers

  • Bartenders

  • Buffet attendants

  • Catering staff

  • Food Truck Operators

  • Deli counter workers

  • Hosts and hostesses

  • Kitchen assistants

  • Cashiers

  • Fruit pickers

  • Butchers

  • Fishmongers


The food handler's certificate is crucial in the food industry because it ensures that individuals involved in food preparation, storage, and service are knowledgeable about safe food handling practices. This knowledge reduces the risk of foodborne illnesses, which can have severe health consequences for consumers and lead to significant economic losses for businesses.

In other words, it demonstrates that your staff has undergone the essential food safety training to minimize the risk of customers contracting a foodborne illness.

Essentially, a well-informed staff can maintain the reputation of a food establishment, preventing potential lawsuits, negative publicity, and the costs associated with foodborne illness outbreaks.

What's the Difference Between Bartender School Training and Alcohol Seller-Server Training?

Bartender School Training

The first type of training is provided by a bartender school. You’ll typically learn how to mix drinks, flip bottles in the air, and set up a bar. This training teaches you how to do the job of a bartender so that you can work successfully at a nightclub, bar, hotel, or country club.

Alcohol Seller-Server Training

The second type of bartender training is alcohol seller-server training. It’s generally required by most employers either before they will hire you or within 30 days of employment. This training teaches you the laws for safely selling and serving alcohol so that you can protect yourself and your employer from liability.

Additionally, most states have regulations requiring that you complete alcohol training. And if your state doesn’t have specific laws, they will usually offer some mitigating benefits to your employer in the event of a violation.

Once you complete your alcohol seller-server training, you can work as a bartender or server at any number of places, including restaurants, bars, hotels, private clubs, convenience stores, and grocery stores.

How Do I Get an Alcohol Training Certification?

At Learn2Serve® by 360training, we provide Alcohol Server Training/Seller Training. Best of all, our courses are completely online. This means you don’t need to sit in a classroom or wait for a class to open up.

JMK LearnLink, along with 360training, you can enroll in a Safe Food Handling Course and obtain your Food Handlers Certificate.

Online courses give you the flexibility to complete your training on your schedule.

What Does It Mean to Be Alcohol Certified?

Being alcohol certified typically refers to completing a training program focused on responsible alcohol service. These programs are often required by employers or mandated by local laws for individuals who sell or serve alcoholic beverages in settings like bars, restaurants, and events.